Prep Time : 60 minutes. Cook Time : 15 Days minutes Yield : 4 to 5 person for full year
- Take 1 Kg " ladva" Mango. If it is not Available "Rajapuri" will Do.
- Peel the skin of Mango.
- Grate with Big grater so long and thin Mango will be sliced.
- Middle part of raw mango should be kept with Grated part.
- Now add salt and Turmeric Powder in Mango and keep aside for 3 to 4 hour in big vessel.
- When you see mango mixture after 3 to 4 hour , it has given some watery part, which will help sugar to get vanish fast.
- Now add little sugar,stir well with hand.
- Add little little sugar slowly and stir continuously till sugar gets melt but keep 1 cup sugar left .
- keep aside for 3 to 4 hour.
- Now again stir well and taste it if it is very sour than add sugar which is kept other wise stir well so all sugar gets melt. (It is depend on mango if it is sour than only sugar is Needed)
- Keep aside for Over night.
- In the next morning when we see sugar is melt completely than remove middle part of mango from it.
- When you see all sugar are melt completely than only Cover vessel with one thin white Cloth ( Mal MAl) and keep vessel in Sun light, other wise stir well to get sugar melt.
- When sunlight goes keep aside but be careful of Red and Black Ants.
- Every day stir well, like this repeat process for 10 days.
- After 10 to 12 days check it is done or not by taking syrup between two finger and if it is " EK TAR CHASNI" than it is done otherwise keep in sunlight for 1 or 2 days.
- Now CHUNDO is Ready.
- It is Gujarati's favourite pickle.
- It can be done spicy by adding Red chilly Powder.
- According to taste add red chilly Powder.
- It can be served with chapati, Thepla, paratha or any Meal
- Store the chundo in an airtight clean, dry glass container.
- This chundo can be preserved for months.
- The entire process of preparing the Mango Chundo is slow and it requires continuous stirring and patience.